Still lifes inspire me, they celebrate the beauty of simple things. From them, I draw the naturally beautiful shapes of plants in order to create a ceramic sculpture.
What can be more appealing to a sculptor than the curves of a squash, the outline of a pear, the roundness of a turnip and other inexhaustible anthropomorphic attractions.
Fruits, flowers and vegetables are mounted in strips of chamotte stoneware then assembled in a rough clay composition. After an initial firing, a coloured slip is added in places to create a two-tone appearance of bare and pigmented clay.
For me, it is important to create an object between figuration and abstraction, a way of modelling that offers multiple interpretations without misrepresenting either the object or the material.
Now immortal, nature transformed in this way will perhaps bring us back to the Garden of Eden.
Ceramist, born in 1970
Lives and works in Chaignes, France
- Les Tupiniers, exhibition at La Maison des Canuts, Lyon, France
- La Nef, Montpellier, France
Astrolabes, solo exhibition, Galerie Terres d’Aligre, Paris, France
- Ambiguïtés, l’Atelier, Paris, France
De Mains des Maitres, Luxembourg
- Galerie GAIA, Ceramic Design, Rouen
- Biennale Emergences, Pantin
- Galerie Fracas, Brussels, Belgium
- EMPREINTES Concept Store, Paris, France
- Céramiques Noires, Galerie Respiro, Lyon, France
- Industriel, Galerie Collection, Paris, France
- EMPREINTES Concept store, Paris, France
Christmas 2008, Piaget joaillerie Genève, Switzerland
- Crèche d’automates, conception Hilton Mc Connico, Château Vaux le Vicomte, France
- Quatre Saisons, décoration O.Beriot, MAD, Paris, France
- Vitrines, Galeries Lafayette, Paris, France
- XXI Ciel, Musée des Arts Asiatiques, Nice, France
Collaboration with Maison de Haute Couture (Dior, Givenchy, Chanel…)
- Creation of unique models for Opera and movies