The starting point of this new set of sculptures, ‘L’Air est une Racine’ (Air is a Root), comes from experience and a moment comprising sensations that I wanted to capture in the clay. It was in the Canadian forest, while I was staying in that country, that I thought about how to incorporate my feelings in my ceramics.
This immersion in the midst of the trees and their proliferation made me want to create new combinations of coils that support each other and gradually form a shape that is simultaneously structure, ornament and movement.
From memory, I tried to transmit feelings through form and movement, in particular by conveying intangible things such as air or water and their transformation into something tangible.
This trigger moment is the basis of a new search in which everything is mixed together: inside and outside, physical and psychological, tangible and intangible, liquid and solid, animal, vegetable and human.
This way of connecting us to the world as if everything was made of the same substance is one of my deepest concerns.
Ceramist artist, born in 1982
Lives and works in Soulatgé, France
L'Air est une Racine, solo exhibition, Galerie de l'Ancienne Poste, Toucy, France
Terramovere, clay’s installation, Château de Saint-Fargeau, France
L'Hydre du Tartrate, clay’s installation, old cellar of Davejean, France
- Nuages, Curator for group show, WCC, Mons, Belgium
- COLLECT fair, Galerie Collection, London, United Kingdom
Le Banquet, Revelations biennial, Paris, France
- Measuring Clouds, solo exhibition, Galerie de l'Ancienne Poste, Toucy, France
Ceramic and glass Triennal, WCC, Mons, Belgium
Tendre Porcelaine, solo exhibition, Ceramic center, Giroussens, France
- La Scène Française contemporaine, MAD, Paris, France
- COLLECT, Galerie Collection, London, United Kingdom
- Exposition solo, Puls Gallery, Brussels, Belgium
- Galerie Hélène Porée, Paris, France
- Fuping International Ceramic Museum, China
- 15th International Contemporary ceramic Biennial, Châteauroux, France
- 12th Westerwald Prize exhibition, Keramik Museum, Höhr-Grenzhausen, Germany
- Museum of International Ceramic Art, Grimmerhus, Danmark
- European Applied Art Competition, WCC, Mons, Belgium
Fuping International Ceramic Museums, China
Icheon World Ceramic Center, South Korea
Golden Prize for Ceramic as expression, the 4th World Ceramic Biennial, Icheon, South Korea
Fuping Pottery Art Village, China
Workshop, La Maison des Grands Champs, Saguenay, Canada